Scholarships and Financial Support
The History Department typically employs 20-25 graduate students per semester to assist professors with grading responsibilities and serve as teaching assistants. This year we have also employed students as Graduate Assistants to professors working on various research projects. Applications are sent out to interested students each semester by the graduate adviser.
The department offers several scholarships for outstanding graduate students in History. Please see our scholarships page for more information.
- Inamori Fellowship Program: A fellowship that provides $5,000 for a 12-month period. There are no duties associated with receiving a Fellowship, but Fellows will submit a brief summary of their activities at the end of the award period. Please see the Graduate Affairs funding page for more information.
- Graduate Equity Fellowship: A fellowship for Master's students that are California residents, have a 3.00 GPA and demonstrate a financial need. Please see the Graduate Affairs funding page for more information.
- Graduate Student Travel Funds: Awards given to students for travel associated with scholarly research and creative activities. Please see the Graduate Affairs funding page for more information.
- CSU Chancellor's Doctoral Incentive Program (CDIP): A loan for doctoral students looking to teach within the CSU system. Please see the Graduate Affairs funding page for more information.
- Sally Casanova Pre-Doctoral Scholarship: A scholarship for juniors, seniors and Master's students interested in obtaining research doctorates. Please see the Graduate Affairs funding page for more information.
Dr. Paula DeVos
Phone: (619) 594-4893
Office: AL 534
E-mail: [email protected]
Spring 2021 Office Hours:
Mondays and Tuesdays from 9 to 10am and by appointment
Held via Zoom: https://sdsu.zoom.us/j/5331668120